OKCupid

Oh boy. Back on OKCupid. Sometimes I get really depressed. Is this what I am reduced to? Scrolling through pictures of uninspiring dudes? Giving out my number to people I have never met? Frankly, it's frightening. And I'm learning that women have these crazy rules about guys. "He has to be at least 6'0" tall" or "He's too young" or "I won't date a divorced guy" or "He should have a college degree and a job". So many requirements. The rules are ridiculously superfluous. You can't pick who you fall for or are attracted to you.
I am the QUEEN of picking the wrong guys or having them pick me, rather. Too young, too old, divorced, kids, crazy, sloppy, boring, arrogant, perverted - all I know is, NOT the right one. This guy I met out here a while ago actually made me believe in love at first sight (or something incredibly close to it). I broke a lot of rules. He was still married, did not want to have kids and I went home with him the night I met him. BAD, BAD, BAD GIRL! As I said, you can't pick 'em sometimes and I went with it. For almost 8 months until he dumped me. Easy come, easy go. He has more baggage than a jumbo jet. From that relationship came a NEW set of rules: no divorced guys, someone who actually has potential and the possibility to go with me on crazy adventures throughout life.
The world is my oyster, as my mother would say and she's right. I'm not holding myself back for a guy. He needs to be able to keep up with me. I'm finding that's a difficult task. I can absolutely want a stable, serious relationship, but want to move to Chicago or London or Shanghai at the drop of a hat. How the hell do I find someone to either go with me or to put up with my wanderlust and thirst for adventure and the unknown? It's going to take the absolutely right match for me. Otherwise it's just not worth it.
OKCupid? We'll see.

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:48 AM

    It is always possible to go along with someone around the world....the only "issue" is that you may find him on the way instead of planing to do so :) lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Lu. I'm going to see what happens and have fun while I do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture is Worth...

Ode to Jon

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2