I'm a creep...

I love being harassed and insulted as much as the next guy, but I can handle it if it's coming from someone I know really well. You know the person and feel comfortable enough with them to able to joke around. You can dish it back without hesitating. If I don't know you, how am I really sure of your intentions? Maybe you're really aggressive. Maybe you overdo it with the sarcasm. Maybe you really are a jerk. But I won't know these things until I actually get to know you. So don't text me for a few days and not ask me out and then basically harangue me into meeting you. If you drop the ball, you have to try that much harder to make things work out. Further insults and brow beating is, unfortunately, not attractive to me.

Luckily I have good friends who try to spare me the frustration. I was at the movies and had the perfect excuse to ignore the loser trying to salvage basically nothing. I didn't owe him anything and if a guy is nice and normal (whatever that means), he will ask the girl out right away. That's what a certain gentleman I was dating did and I was impressed. No b.s., made his intentions clear. I knew he was interested so I didn't have to second guess anything. I met him and very shortly thereafter he asked for my number and said he fully intended on taking me out. And that he did. Most men don't follow this formula. I was being texted over and over again and finally the guy called after I was on the way home. My guy friend answered and told the guy, "Hey, sorry but Tina doesn't want to talk to you any more."

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to cry. It may have been a bit childish but I figured ignoring the guy was better than telling him to f*ck off. So when my friend answered the phone, the guy finally got the hint. But not before sending me a message saying "good luck in 8th grade". Ha, how ironic. He's the one who needs to learn some lessons from the aforementioned no b.s. gentlemen. It's so sad how clueless people are. It makes sense that THEY are on a dating web site. But me???? Why the hell am I on there?



(Most probable answer: out of sheer boredom...)

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:35 PM

    I think it would be entertaining to read your experience, if you dare to, on speed dating! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was seriously considering speed dating, but in most cases it's not really cheap. I joined a group that is a meetup for singles so it would sort of be like speed dating. If I ever do it, the blog will know!

    I'm going to be telling lots of dating stories that are, I think, entertaining though. So no worries! Thank you for stopping by. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Good luck in 8th grade.... hahahha What a loser. I can't believe there's another woman out here who's experiencing the same sorry responses from the online dating "winners".

    Keep up the great writing madame. Youve got that certain je ne sais quoi!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An encounter with the stars

A Picture is Worth...

Rules of Attraction