This Couch Is My Couch

I've been an official couch surfer for about 6 months. In practice, I've couch surfed quite a bit in my life. All over Europe, Mexico, the States. It's convenient and frugal. But I generally stayed with people I knew fairly well, if not really well. The couch surfing website allows members to post that they can host others at their place of residence or if they are traveling to find hosts. In the short time I've been a member, I've probably received about 20 messages. A few requests a month. I only remember getting messages from 2 women. This month my requests exploded! I received 7. All complete strangers. 6 of them gentlemen. I feel at times like I'm on OKCupid again. Especially after receiving the following message:

Ciao Tina!

hope you are doing great.

I will be in Phoenix from July 12th till July 15th. I am continuing my journey towards the east of USA in the quest to gather as much information I could, to put it in an understanding of Human being, global cross Cultural relationships and common needs of in and body with as geography Change.

I thought to check with you if you would like to meet me for couple of drinks and get to know some experience of each other and may be dance a little or just enjoy the conversation or walk around .

Let me know if you think it is possible with you to meet in any of the evenings

Hope to here from you soon.

a presto!


Needless to say, I politely declined his request stating that I had plans and am in the process of moving. Take a look at the picture and tell me I'm wrong for declining. Can we say dating profile?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Jon

A Picture is Worth...

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2