Rules of Attraction

Perhaps it's Murphy's Law, the law of averages or the Pythagorean theorem, but why is it that when you stop caring about something, that something seems to happen? Many times I've found myself wanting to be in a relationship so badly, yet the men I would meet left me doubting I'd ever find someone well suited enough to be with me. However, the SECOND I say, fuck it, Männer sind Schweine, that's when the magic happens. I thought the more you wanted something, the harder you'd work to make it happen, right? The American Dream and all that b.s. Nope, not for this chick. It's so strange. I think the older I get, the less I care so I must be exuding more confidence than usual.

I still think that I'll run away to Europe and find my dream man - a Mr. Darcy, Benedict Cumberbatch type. A tall, handsome, well dressed, bumblingly charming British man. With the Olympics in London, the city is calling out to me much louder than usual. But in the mean time, I'll have my fun.

Comments

  1. well, at least with love, when you stop looking you find it!
    everything else, requires a lot of effing hard word!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture is Worth...

Ode to Jon

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2