TGIF

After a tough week - emotionally and financially - I was looking forward to it being over. I didn't expect Friday to be one of the best days I've had in a long time. I played basketball with my coworkers and I invited a guest because I knew about his love of and talent for basketball (he mentioned his uncanny ability to jump high, despite his whiteness, quite often). After running around and heating up a bit, it was decided that the gentleman and I would get cleaned up and go to dinner.

He showed up on time to get me and from that point on, I was as happy as a clam. He paid every attention a gentleman should. Lots of compliments, kisses and touches. Opening the car door (although he always did that), listening to my rambling conversation and generally just being pleasant and making me feel like a princess.

After dinner we stopped for some wine and we spent the night sitting on the balcony talking about life, listening to the dulcet tones of various jazz artists, courtesy of 91.5 KJZZ. 

Nights like these are ones I cherish. For all the terrible, boring, uninspiring dates, nights like these make up for it. So I tip my hat to you, my "perfect" date. Don't let all this go to your head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Jon

A Picture is Worth...

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2