Small World

I always find it highly amusing when I run into guys I went on a date with out and about in the world. Once you have decided you don't want to see them again, they tend to drop off the face of the Earth, never to be seen or heard from again, unless it was a more significant relationship or you both mutually decided there was nothing there and you could just be friends (see my previous post about this topic).

Yesterday when enjoying my Passion Tea with Vanilla from Starbucks with my gentleman friend, at my 1 o'clock (so pretty much right behind my guy) I saw this guy I went out a date with tutoring someone. This is the crazy part: the guy I was with I met the day I went on a date with the tutor. I decided after the date with the tutor that I was done with OKCupid (the first time around) and in an extreme twist of fate I met my boyfriend that very night at the Lost Leaf on a very warm First Friday in June and it all went downhill from there. Just kidding. It mostly went uphill and I had faith in men and love at first sight (the first time it's ever happened to me) again. So thank you, sir, for being there that night.

The night I rekindled my relationship with the aforementioned sir, I saw yet another guy I went on a date with. I remember liking him way more than the tutor, but I self-sabotaged my relationship with the guy. I wasn't really feeling the way he kept asking me to come over to his house so we just sort of left it amicably.  The night I saw him, we both recognized each other at the same time. We chit chatted and I thought he might have asked me for my number again but I was saved by the bell. Some other guy I was talking to came to the rescue (not like I really needed it, but it helped).

I find it interesting that I run into past dates when I'm with my guy...don't know what that signifies. Probably nothing. Freud would write a book about it though.

Comments

  1. I need made up nicknames to keep all these guys straight!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An encounter with the stars

A Picture is Worth...

Yuck Fou