It's a Dog's Life

My experience with the stray dog reminds me how hard it is to say no if you're a nice person. After the whole fiasco Friday night/Saturday morning, the dog had found a friend in me. Presley wasn't so sold on him, but they would obviously be buddies under different circumstances. I really would love to keep him and my heart is breaking because I can't. I called Maricopa Animal Care and Control and they'll be coming to get him in the next 6 hours.

You're probably wondering how this all relates to dating and relationships, but in reality, everything does. If someone breaks your heart, I would tend to think that most people will always be willing to give the heart breaker a second chance. I've seen it happen all the time. It's happened to me in 2 relationships. The only difference with humans is, you usually can't call a number to schlep someone away like I did with the poor dog, unless perhaps they're foaming at the mouth or trying to kill you...restraining orders. Excellent.

I'm just too nice and sentimental and loving to turn someone away who loves me or needs me. It's hard for me to say no. I always want to work things out and please others and make them happy. I'm getting better at it in my "old age" and eventually you just have to do it to save your sanity, but I let the stray back into my life because he gave me no choice. He was lurking around waiting for me and Presley and sat outside my door. I let him into my apartment again and gave him a bath (!) on the balcony and tried to feed him a banana (dogs don't really get the whole roughage thing) and he's sleeping happily, drying off. If I had my way, I'd have enough money to take care of him and keep him. But unfortunately, I can barely take care of myself and my little 10 pound chihuahua. It sucks being such a nice, loving person sometimes. I hope he finds a good home. I don't want to think of the alternative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Jon

A Picture is Worth...

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2