Giggle Gals

Never underestimate the power of a cute guy. At work, a new employee caused quite a stir. A bunch of adult women, all of whom are married, were reduced to a gaggle of gigglers. I was also caught up in the good looks and easy charm, and it turns out he's actually an incredibly nice man who has lived an interesting life. However, he is married and has 4 kids. Of course. He and his wife started very young - he was 23, she was 21. He said that he will be 49 when his youngest turns 20. He and his wife will be able to retire young and enjoy the rest of their lives together living in comfort. How do people so young seem to have their shit together like that?

I think it's because they're LDS (or was it LSD?). You're raised a certain way, you fit into a certain mold. You go on missions, get married, make babies and live a cookie cutter lifestyle. Although, after talking to the gentleman at length, I realized his life sounded nothing at all like a cookie cutter life. I guess it's all what you make of it. I'm going to be the crazy old aunt who teaches all her nieces and nephews how to play piano and speak Italian and travel the world and just collect experiences rather than children. I guess I'm at peace with that. Unless I meet the German-speaking British man of my dreams, then all bets are off.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:16 AM

    Lds is really lsd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that's awesome! Just saw this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Picture is Worth...

Ode to Jon

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2