X, Revisited

All my exes live in Texas...

Well, not really. My ex-boyfriends live in Illinois, Arizona and Germany, as far as I know. But those three places are a bitch to rhyme, don't you think? I will, for the sake of my readers, refrain from trying to make something catchy out those place names...

Or wait, I might be on to something here...

(*sing aloud in the style of a country-esque ballad*)

One big bad boy
Left behind in Illinois,
Arizona, didn't want to know ya,
Too many guys with no persona
Germany, you were so bad to me
Time to go on a dating spree
Exes here and exes there,
Don't wanna see them anywhere!

What do you think? Not too bad, right? Leave a comment to let me know, or add your own lyrics!

Musical fun aside, I have been in contact with several of my exes lately and I wonder why it all seemed to happen at the same time. Perhaps it is meant to remind me of the good times, but also to remind of what did not work in those relationships and why they are in the past. I know most of the guys I dated were good people (but not all of them), but that did not make them good matches for me. I have also changed so much since I began dating about a decade ago. As my post yesterday said, I am on a journey and feel like I have traveled lightyears beyond my past relationships. The retrospective of men is certainly interesting and enlightening.

Maybe you think back on your past loves from time to time? I wonder what you would have to say about everything today? Maybe you're not a sentimental reminiscer such as myself, so for now, do yourself a favor and listen to this glorious little ditty from George Strait!

"All my exes live in Texas, and Texas is a place I dearly love to be...but all my exes live in Texas, and that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee..."

Brilliant! Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An encounter with the stars

A Picture is Worth...

Rules of Attraction