Road trippin'

Listening to music during a road trip can be an enlightening and entertaining experience. If you and your road trip partner have similar tastes, the music choices are less adventurous, but more fun for both. If you and your road trip partner have different tastes, the music choices become exciting, revealing of the person's character and so much more is at stake.

I just recently went on a road trip with both kinds of musical partners - one with one of my best friends who likes similar music and one with my boyfriend who likes different music. Both trips were great for so many different reasons, but the music in the car with my boyfriend was like a challenge to me. There were so many songs I did not know, bands I had never heard of, things I really liked I would write down on my list of music to check out. Some of his choices were surprising, but that was fine with me. The trip was all-around filled with music - B.B. King's blues club, Graceland, Sun Studio, Stax Soul Museum, the piano player at the Peabody Hotel and the bluegrass band at a lunchtime spot we found in downtown Memphis. We talked about music a lot. I learned so much I had no clue about and that was certainly cool.

When seated at dinner one night, the comment was made that I hadn't eaten enough. My witty quip was: "Who needs food when I've got you?" The immediate reaction to that was that sounds like the name of a song, which in turn became "Who needs you when I've got food?" Another chart-topping single. Both songs cover the entire range of human emotion and everyone can relate to either title. Now I just have to write them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Jon

A Picture is Worth...

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2