Thankful

First of all, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for and I'm remembering all the reasons why I love my life and what I've done so far. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and shown me love over the years. You are truly amazing and you know who you are!

Now on to the topic at hand...I haven't been writing as often as I used to, but it's because a lot has happened to me over the past few months and I've been trying hard not to completely reveal my love life and/or frustrations therewith in such a public way. However, there are times when I feel like I just can't help myself and then I post away with reckless abandon.

Today, Thanksgiving Day, has made me feel thankful for all the experiences I've had with men, dating and relationships because I have learned a lot about myself and the ways of the world (which I still think are fucking perplexing as all hell and will probably never understand). I've been with a lot of losers and have dealt with a lot of bullshit but met some interesting men along the way. Honestly, the ones I think I really cherish are the one I didn't try to date. They offered me a refreshing male perspective on my life yet we avoided all the potential issues, awkwardness and heartbreak a serious, intimate relationship can bring. I still make some questionable choices along the way, but now I know what I'm looking for and that I'm not going to settle for just anyone.

So thank you, men in my life - past, present and future.  Thank you for helping me grow as a woman and giving me lots to talk, laugh and think about!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Save the turkeys :) Eat no meat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ode to Jon

A Picture is Worth...

The Wiener's Circle, Part 2