Heartbreak Hotel

Heartbreak is an experience shared by humanity. It doesn't matter where you're from, what you do or what you look like, it will happen to you at least once in your lifetime. Your heart will break and you will break others hearts. I definitely have had my fair share of heartbreak. Both as the breaker and the breakee. My heart is always very heavy after such an ordeal, but sometimes it can be more difficult when you are breaking someone else's heart. Especially when you had no intention of doing so.

I had to make some difficult decisions recently and wound up hurting someone I love. However, in learning from my past in dealing with relationships and life in general, the life decisions I made overpowered my heart, which simply proves I am a different person than I once was. Of course I would love to settle down and continue to be with him and enjoy our time together, but the cosmos have decided that I must follow my own ambitions and dreams, as I should have done long ago, rather than stay for the pleasures of a relationship. It was a distraction from real life. A happy sanctuary that I could run to and flee from my problems. Free from worry and pain, full of laughter and joy. As much as I would love to love him and let him love me, it is not meant to be. Perhaps we shall meet again someday in Chicago, Dublin or perhaps Khartoum? But for now I will cherish the good and forget everything else. That's all you can do, right?

Popular posts from this blog

La La Lame

A Day Which Will Live in Infamy

The Things We Do For Love